Disclosure: Tillamook provided me with product to use with this recipe.
One thing I love about Summer is all the fun outdoor events. Picnics, barbeques…there are so many opportunities to get outside and grill your favorite foods.
For me, Summer wouldn’t be complete without a delicious burger to enjoy. Today I’m sharing with you my Perfect Summer Burger recipe.
Perfect Summer Burger
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time : varies depending how you like your burger cooked (I recommend an internal temp of at least 155 degrees before you take your burgers off the grill)
You will need:
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 tsp. of sea salt
1/2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
dash of cayenne pepper
1. Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Using your hands, roll the meat into 4 balls. Next, gently flatten each ball into a patty making sure that it has an even thickness throughout.
4. Use oil or non-stick spray on the grill grate before adding the patties to the grill to ensure they don’t stick.
5. Cook burgers on the grill allowing for equal cook time on both sides of the patty. When you get a reading of 155 degrees (or higher) from an internal thermometer placed in the center of the patty, your burger is ready!
Serve on buns with desired toppings.
Burger shown includes lettuce, tomato, red onion, Tillamook Sliced Medium Cheddar, mayonnaise, and mustard.
Yield: 4 patties
For a special coupon for $1.00 off one 12 oz Sliced Tillamook Cheese click HERE*.
When I first learned of Tillamook Cheese, I wasn’t sure what to think (I had never heard of them after all) but I have to tell you, the cheese is super tasty (so is their sour cream!) and I love their “cheesy” commercials too.